This Eggnog Chai Latte recipe is just as good as the Starbucks version but easy to make from home. It’s just in time for the holidays and perfect for Christmas morning. Replace your hot chocolate or regular tea with this and get into the spirit of the season!
The holiday season is in full swing and that means it’s time to bust out the scarves, puffy jackets, warm drinks, and the eggnog!
This Eggnog Chai Latte recipe is great for cold winter mornings and is super easy to make. It has just three ingredients (with an optional garnish) and comes together in less than 10 minutes. A fast and easy way to celebrate the season.
But first, let’s answer some questions about eggnog.
What is Eggnog?
Eggnog is a drink typically made around the holidays. It includes milk, cream, sugar, egg (whites and yolks), and some type of alcohol like brandy, rum, or whiskey. It’s often served cold, but can also be served warm (like in this latte recipe).
If you’re curious about the making and history of eggnog, check out this article from The Spruce Eats. And if you’d like to try making it yourself, check out this recipe from Alton Brown at Food Network.
How to Make an Eggnog Chai Latte
Making an Eggnog Chai Latte is really easy, I promise.
First, steep the tea in warm (but not boiling) water.
Next combine the eggnog and milk in a microwave safe container and heat for about 1.5 minutes (or until it’s as hot as you like it).
Remove the tea bag once it’s done steeping and pour in the eggnog mixture. Then froth the mixture with a handheld electric frother (like this one on Amazon). You should only need to froth it for 10 to 15 seconds, then sprinkle a dash of nutmeg on top and voila! A warm holiday drink to kick off your morning.
One quick note about this recipe – I recommend making this latte with full fat eggnog. It will froth way better (and in my opinion tastes way better). You’ll already be cutting it with milk so will be cutting some of the fat anyway.
If you like this Eggnog Chai Latte recipe (or any other recipe) then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Seriously, I love hearing from you!
Looking for more ways to celebrate the holidays? Try these dishes:
– Gluten Free Trail Mix for the Holidays
– Gluten Free Sausage, Apple, & Cranberry Stuffing
– Cranberry Orange Dark Chocolate Bark
– Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole
– Gluten Free Poppyseed Pound Cake
And in addition to these, don’t forget to check out this awesome roundup of 70(!) holiday side dishes to bring to your table this holiday season.
Pin This Eggnog Chai Latte Recipe for Later!
Recipe for Eggnog Chai Latte
Eggnog Chai Latte
- 1 chai tea bag
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces eggnog
- 4 ounces milk
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- A tea kettle (or other means to heat water)
- A large mug
- A large microwave safe cup
- A frother
- Heat the water until nearly boiling, either with a tea kettle or in a microwave safe dish in the microwave. If doing this in the microwave, it shouldn't take longer than a minute or two.
- Take out tea bag and put it in the large mug. Once water is done heating, put it into the mug with the tea bag and let steep for about 4 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, pour in a microwave safe cup (or measuring cup) the eggnog and milk. Heat in the microwave for about 1.5 minutes or until the mixture is warm enough for your liking.
- When the tea is done steeping, remove the tea bag and discard. Pour the heated eggnog mixture into the tea.
- Take your frother and place it in the latte, mixing it a bit to incorporate all the liquids together. You should only need to froth the latte for 15-20 seconds to achieve a foam.
- Remove the frother and drink up!
*The nutmeg is a garnish and completely optional, though does make for a festive drink.