This Microwave Blueberry Oatmeal is a dressed up and gluten free version of classic oatmeal. Made easy by using oatmeal you cook in the microwave, it gets scooped into a bowl then you crumble a bunch of goodies on top. If you’ve ever wanted to have dessert for breakfast, this is your chance.
If you like to pile on the goodies into your oatmeal, this recipe is for you. You should also have a bit of a sweet tooth as this recipe is basically a dessert. While you might not want to eat this every day, it can definitely satisfy a sweet tooth.
- Oatmeal – I use Bob’s Red Mill Blueberry & Hazelnut Oatmeal Cup. It’s good as is, but this recipe definitely dresses it up. You could also use plain microwave oatmeal.
- Nuts – I like pecans, but you can use any kind you like.
- Honey – any kind you have is fine.
- Blueberry jam – try to get one without added sugar, or one that’s only lightly sweetened.
- Shredded coconut – unsweetened is best, as there are other sweet elements in this oatmeal.
This recipe is going to take you maybe 10 minutes to make. And that’s being generous. After all, we wouldn’t want to keep your sweet tooth waiting.
How to Make Blueberry Oatmeal in the Microwave
- Cook the oatmeal according to the package directions. Once it’s done, scoop it out into a medium-sized bowl and get to doctoring it up.
- Spoon the blueberry jam on top, then sprinkle the unsweetened coconut and the pecans on top. If you like whole pecans, more power to you, but I prefer to crumble them up in my hands a bit then sprinkle them on.
- Add a drizzle of honey on top and you’ve got yourself a mighty sweet breakfast.
Are Oats Gluten Free?
Basically, the answer is yes. Oats by themselves are naturally gluten free.
However it can get complicated depending on where they’re grown or how they’re processed. Oats may be grown next to gluten-containing grains, or processed in a facility that also processes glutenous grains. Your best bet is to buy oats that are specifically labeled gluten free.
Need more gluten free breakfast recipes? Check these recipes out!
- Simple Avocado Toast
- Breakfast Yogurt Parfait
- Gluten Free Maple Pecan Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Leftover Breakfast Hash (this one is great for using up food in your fridge!)
- Potato Breakfast Hash with Sausage, Mushrooms, & Peppers
If you try this Blueberry Oatmeal recipe (or any other recipe) then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below. Seriously, I love hearing from you!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Microwave Blueberry Oatmeal (GF)
- 1 package Bob’s Red Mill Microwaveable Oatmeal
- water for the oatmeal
- ¼ cup pecans candied or plain
- ½ tablespoon blueberry jam or preserves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Prepare the oatmeal in the microwave according to package directions.
- Once cooked, scoop the oatmeal into a medium-sized bowl with a spoon.
- Use the spoon to place the blueberry jam on the oatmeal, either in the middle or spread out.
- Sprinkle the pecans and the shredded coconut in the bowl. You can break the pecans into rough pieces with your hands if you’d prefer smaller pieces.
- Drizzle the honey over the top of everything then enjoy!