This Breakfast Yogurt Parfait is a quick and easy gluten free breakfast. With just 5 ingredients (including chia seeds for a garnish) it can be a healthy option as well. Make it cute in mason jars or pile it high with berries – there are endless ideas to customize it!
Looking for a simple breakfast option? Look not further than this Breakfast Yogurt Parfait. It’s so easy to make, even your kids can do it. Read on for the details.
How to Make a Breakfast Yogurt Parfait
Yogurt parfaits are a pretty easy thing to make for breakfast. Just make sure you have all the components (shown below) and layer them into a glass, then eat!
For this parfait, start with some of the yogurt first, then the granola, then the fruit. Be sure and spread each layer evenly in the glass! Then repeat those same layers again.
Place the last bit of yogurt as a dollop on top of the second layer of fruit, then drizzle half the honey on top and sprinkle half the chia seeds for a garnish. See? Easy peasy.
Now to answer a couple common questions I’ve see pop up.
Which Yogurt is Best for A Parfait
This boils down to personal preference.
Personally I prefer to make yogurt parfaits with a greek yogurt, both because it’s thick and has more protein than regular yogurt. I also prefer yogurt that has less added sugar since I will be eating it with granola and some honey, which are both sweet themselves. Again, this is personal preference and if you like a thinner, very sweet yogurt, use what you like!
Is Yogurt Parfait Gluten Free?
This depends on the ingredients you’re using. To make this recipe, I used the Almond Sesame granola from Love Grown that contains certified gluten free oats and other naturally gluten free grains. The yogurt I used (Madagascar Vanilla & Cinnamon Greek Yogurt by Chobani) was also gluten free (most yogurts are). As long as the food you’re using is gluten free, your parfait will be.
If you’re looking for more breakfast ideas, check these recipes out:
– Gluten Free Maple Pecan Banana Bread
– Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
– Leftover Breakfast Hash (this one is great for using up food in your fridge!)
– Potato Breakfast Hash with Sausage, Mushrooms, & Peppers
If you try this Breakfast Yogurt Parfait (or any other recipe) then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below. Seriously, I love hearing from you!
Pin this Breakfast Yogurt Parfait for Later
Recipe for Breakfast Yogurt Parfait
Breakfast Yogurt Parfait (Gluten Free)
- 10 ounces vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 cup gluten free granola
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds for garnish
- Two cups
- A spoon (for the yogurt)
- A measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Take out two cups for the parfaits. Using a spoon, scoop two ounces of yogurt (about two tablespoons) into each cup.
- Next take half the granola and divide it evenly into each cup using your hands or a clean spoon, making an even layer on top of the granola.
- Take half the blueberries and pomegranate seeds and do the same thing, dividing the two equally between the cups in an even layer on top of the granola.
- Repeat the layers of yogurt, granola, and fruit again. Split the remaining amount of yogurt (about two ounces) between the cups, placing a dollop on top of the fruit.
- Drizzle 1/2 a tablespoon of honey on top of each parfait, then sprinkle a 1/4 teaspoon of chia seeds on each for garnish. Eat with a spoon and enjoy!