This Simple Avocado Toast recipe is an easy gluten free breakfast for mornings when you need something quickly. The shaved parmesan and lemon zest add flavor without making it complicated, and the avocado provides healthy fat to keep you full.
Avocado toast seems to be the craze that won’t die down. If you’ve ever had some, it’s not hard to see why. It’s delicious and simple to make, which is perfect for anyone on the go. But if you’ve been living under a rock the past couple years, here’s some more information.
What is Avocado Toast?
Avocado toast – or “avo toast” as it’s known by the cool kids – is simply either sliced or smashed avocado on top of a piece of toast. There are lots of different toppings you can add, however avocado toast with salt and pepper is one of the more basic versions.
How to Make Simple Avocado Toast
This version of avocado toast has a little extra added to it besides just salt and pepper. It’s a recreation of an appetizer I had at a restaurant a while back that classes up the typical avocado toast.
After you’ve made your gluten free toast and mashed up your avocado (being very careful not to cut your hand while cutting the avocado), you’ll start by adding the salt and pepper. Next add on some shaved parmesan and some fresh lemon zest. Drizzle a couple drops of olive oil and top and you’ve got a fancy yet simple avocado toast.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check these recipes out:
– Breakfast Yogurt Parfait
– Gluten Free Maple Pecan Banana Bread
– Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
– Leftover Breakfast Hash (this one is great for using up food in your fridge!)
– Potato Breakfast Hash with Sausage, Mushrooms, & Peppers
If you try this Simple Avocado Toast (or any other recipe) then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below. Seriously, I love hearing from you!
Pin this Simple Avocado Toast for Later!
Recipe for Simple Avocado Toast
Simple Avocado Toast (Gluten Free)
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- ½ large avocado
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- A sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper
- A small drizzle of olive oil
- A toaster
- A sharp knife
- A cutting board
- A small bowl
- A fork
- Place the bread in the toaster and toast to your liking.
- While the bread is toasting, slice the avocado in half with a sharp knife on the cutting board. Remove the avocado skip, chop the flesh into large chunks, and place it in the small bowl.
- Using the fork, smash the avocado until it has a semi-smooth consistency with no large pieces.
- Once the toast is done, divide the smashed avocado between the two pieces in an even layer. Sprinkle half of the salt, pepper, lemon zest, and parmesan cheese onto each piece of toast, then drizzle a couple drops of olive oil onto each piece.