This Dessert Yogurt Bowl with Chocolate, Peppermint, and Almonds is a healthy gluten free recipe when you want something sweet. Made with mini chocolate chips and smashed candy canes, it’s a perfect holiday treat. Use greek yogurt to add some bonus protein!
Looking for a simple but healthy dessert? You have to try this Dessert Yogurt Bowl. It’s so easy to put together and can double as a decadent breakfast. Read on for the details.
How to Make a Dessert Yogurt Bowl
This could not be easier. The hardest part is probably getting the candy canes (or peppermint candies if it’s not candy cane season) into little pieces. To do that, I like to put the candy in a plastic ziploc bag, then (gently) bang on the candy with a hammer or other large and heavy object.
Once you have the ingredients measured out, scoop the yogurt into the bowl, add on the toppings, and drizzle the chocolate sauce over everything. Then it’s time to eat.
That’s it! Super simple, super delicious, and slightly healthier than a big bowl of ice cream.
If you need more recipe ideas that could be either dessert or breakfast, check these recipes out!
– Blueberry Crisp Oatmeal
– Gluten Free Maple Pecan Banana Bread
– Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
– Gluten Free Poppyseed Pound Cake
If you try this Dessert Yogurt Bowl with Chocolate, Peppermint, and Almonds (or any other recipe) then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below. Seriously, I love hearing from you!
Pin this Dessert Yogurt Bowl for Later!
Recipe for Dessert Yogurt Bowl with Chocolate, Peppermint, & Almonds
Dessert Yogurt Bowl with Chocolate, Peppermint, & Almonds
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- ½ tbsp smashed candy cane or peppermint candies
- drizzle of chocolate sauce about 1 tablespoon
- A small bowl
- A spoon
- Scoop yogurt into a small bowl using a spoon.
- Pour the chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and smashed bits of candy cane on top of the yogurt.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce on top of the rest of the ingredients, then eat!