This Instant Pot Beef Chili is an easy recipe for a weeknight dinner. It’s gluten free and simple to make, using ground beef, diced tomatoes, beans, onion, and spices. Top it with shredded cheese and sour cream and add a square of cornbread on the side – the best meal on a cold night!
This recipe is actually a redo of my Gluten Free Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili recipe that got converted into an Instant Pot recipe because I wanted it and forgot to prep it the night before. Thank God for Instant Pots and cooking things that used to take hours in about 30 minutes.
Read on for the really simple steps to make this chili.
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Chili
First you’ll want to drain and rinse the beans. I don’t know what goop they come in in the can, but I don’t want to eat that. So pour them into a colander, rinse them with water, and let them drain a bit.
Next up is to cook the ground beef and diced onion. Turn the Instant Pot on to saute then add in the beef. Once it’s about half way cooked, add in the diced onion and cook until the meat is no longer pink. This will only take about 5 or so minutes total.
After the meat is cooked all the way, turn the saute function off and add the rest of the ingredients into the pot. Be sure NOT to drain the tomatoes before adding them in – you want that juice in there so the Instant Pot can come to pressure. Stir everything up a bit until it’s relatively well combined.
Finally, place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the timer on high for 20 minutes. Once the timer goes off, do a quick release of the pressure, remove the lid, and serve!
I love to eat this chili with shredded cheese, sour cream, and big slice of (gluten free) cornbread. But whatever sounds good to you, go for it!
Looking for more quick dinner ideas? Check these recipes out!
– Weeknight Paleo Ground Beef Stroganoff (my most popular recipe!)
– Easy Nacho Salad
– Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
– Quick & Easy Meat Sauce
– Easy Sheet Pan Dinner with Sausage & Veggies
If you try this Instant Pot Beef Chili recipe (or any other recipe) then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below. It totally makes my day to hear how a recipe worked out for you!
Pin this Gluten Free Chili for Later!
Recipe for Instant Pot Beef Chili
Instant Pot Beef Chili (Gluten Free)
This Instant Pot Beef Chili is an easy recipe for a weeknight dinner. It's gluten free and simple to make, using ground beef, diced tomatoes, beans, onion, and spices. Top it with shredded cheese and sour cream and add a square of cornbread on the side - the best meal on a cold night!
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes 14.5 oz each
- 1 can white beans 14.5 oz
- 1 can kidney beans 14.5 oz
- 1 can black beans 14.5 oz
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- One Can Opener
- A Colander
An Instant Pot
- One Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Spoons
- Using a can opening, open the beans and pour them into the colander in a sink. Rinse them with water and let sit to drain.
- Turn the Instant Pot on in the Saute mode and put the ground beef in it to cook. Use a wooden spatula to separate the ground beef into small pieces.
- After 2 or 3 minutes, pour in the diced onion to cook along with the ground beef
- Once the ground beef is cooked through and no longer pink, pour in the drained beans. Open the diced tomatoes with the can opener and pour those into the Instant Pot as well.
- With the measuring spoons, measure out the spices and pour them into the instant pot as well.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined, then place the lid on the Instant Pot and set it to cook on High for 20 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, do a quick pressure release, then dish the chili in bowls to serve with your desired toppings.
- Use plain diced tomatoes. Don't get the kind with garlic or basil in them as it can throw off the flavors of the chili.
- The amount of ground beef is listed as 1 and 1/3 pound. This is because the recipe uses the organic ground beef from Costco and it comes in 1 and 1/3 pound packages. You can use between 1 and 2 pounds of ground beef for this recipe, depending on how meaty you like your chili.