This Grilled Zucchini recipe is as easy as it gets. Cut up the zucchini, cover it with oil and some salt for seasoning, then get it on the bbq. A simple and healthy way to enjoy this summer veggie!
When summer comes, the zucchini starts to roll in! If you grow it, you know that you tend to have more than you know what to do with. An easy way to cook it for dinner is to pop it on the grill! Just do a simple seasoning with kosher salt, then grill it for only a couple minutes and you’ve got a delicious veggie to go with whatever else you’re cooking. It’s fast and super tasty.
Read on for the step by step instructions and photos to show you just how easy this is to make!
HOW TO GRILL ZUCCHINI
STEP 1: PREP THE ZUCCHINI
STEP 2: GRILL THE ZUCCHINI
Turn on your grill to 400 degrees F. Once it comes to temperature, place the zucchini with the skin side down (the darker side that’s curved) with a pair of tongs. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip the zucchini with the tongs and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the zucchini. Remove from the grill and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.
You may have a couple of questions about grilling zucchini. Let’s get to those now.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GRILL ZUCCHINI?
In my opinion, the best way to grill zucchini is by halving it, coating it in oil, seasoning simply with salt, then grilling it.
HOW LONG DO YOU GRILL ZUCCHINI?
Not for very long, otherwise it will get soft! I recommend cooking it for only a couple of minutes on each side, which will cook it enough for some softness but leave it slightly crisp in the middle.
WHAT GOES WITH GRILLED ZUCCHINI?
There are lots of great ways to eat grilled zucchini! Try it:
- with some Grilled Dijon Chicken,
- next to some Paleo Grilled Flank Steak,
- with some Greek Lamb Skewers, or
- combine it with other vegetables like grilled onions or grilled peppers!
- For this recipe, you really need to give your undivided attention to the zucchini. They will cook quickly and if they cook even a minute too long they start to get squishy – which no one likes!
- Flipping the zucchini can be tricky as they are slightly slippery and the grill will be hot! I recommend wearing an oven mitt while doing so to protect your hands.
- Get to know the hot spots on your grill. Most grills have certain spots that are hotter than others, meaning some pieces of zucchini may be done before others. Likely hot spots are directly over flames and likely cooler spots are at the front of the grill (closer to the opening of the lid).
PIN THIS GRILLED ZUCCHINI RECIPE FOR LATER!
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR MORE GLUTEN FREE & WHOLE30 GRILLING IDEAS, CHECK THESE OUT!
- Grilled Bell Peppers
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Carne Asada
- Greek Lamb Skewers
- Grilled Onions
- Grilled Dijon Chicken
OR IF YOU NEED SOME EASY GLUTEN FREE & WHOLE30 DINNER IDEAS, TAKE A LOOK AT THESE!
- Mexican Ground Beef Skillet
- Paleo Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Greek Chicken
- Paleo Ground Beef & Broccoli
- Paleo Meatloaf Muffins
If you make this Grilled Zucchini (or any other recipe) then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below!
YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND PINTEREST TO SEE MORE GOOD TO EAT, GLUTEN FREE AND WHOLE30 FOOD.
*THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. I AM A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR ME TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES, MEANING WHEN YOU CLICK THEM I RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANKS FOR SUPPORTING MY WORK AND MY FAMILY THIS WAY!
RECIPE FOR GRILLED ZUCCHINI
Grilled Zucchini (Whole30, Paleo, GF)
- 5 zucchini small
- 1 tbsp oil avocado or olive
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Slice the tops and bottoms off the zucchini using a large sharp knife and cutting board. Then slice the zucchini in half length-wise so there are two long pieces. Place the halves in a large bowl.
- Measure out the oil with a measuring spoon and drizzle it over the zucchini. Do the same with the kosher salt. Use your hands to rub the salt and oil over the zucchini until each piece is well coated.
- Turn on your grill to 400 degrees F. Once it comes to temperature, place the zucchini with the skin side down (the darker side that’s curved) with a pair of tongs. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip the zucchini with the tongs and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the zucchini. Remove from the grill and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.