A good chicken salad is one recipe to have in your back pocket. It’s handy in a pinch and can come together really quickly, especially if you buy pre-cooked chicken. This cashew grape chicken salad is one my mom made all the time growing up, and it’s become a go-to. It’s best on a hot summer day, but works well for any season when you need something fast.
I like to make mine Whole30 compliant, as it’s such a great recipe to have for a Whole30 because it’s so quick to make. Of course, it can be made with whatever ingredients suit your needs.
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE CHICKEN SALAD
As I mentioned, using pre-cooked chicken makes this recipe really fast, and that’s what I like to start with. Then just chop up the cashews and the grapes and you’re halfway there. If your grapes are big, I would recommended quartering the grapes so that you have a little bit of grape in every bite. If they’re on the smaller side, halving them should be fine.
Once everything is cut up and combined in a big bowl, just dump in the mayo and stir. And you’re done!
I like it best served over a bed of leafy greens, but you could also do a lettuce wrap, put it on gluten-free bread, or really just eat it out of the bowl. It will be gone quickly, I promise.
Pin this Cashew Grape Chicken Salad for Later!
Looking for other Whole30 recipes? Check out the following:
- Easy Sheet Pan Dinner with Sausage and Veggies
- Potato Breakfast Hash with Sausage, Mushrooms, and Peppers
- Simple Egg Bake with Mushrooms, Leeks, and Sausage
- Oven Roasted Kabocha Squash Soup with Coconut Milk
If you make this Simple Chicken Salad recipe (or any other recipe) then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below!
YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND PINTEREST TO SEE MORE GOOD TO EAT, GLUTEN FREE & WHOLE30 FOOD.
Recipe for Cashew Grape Chicken Salad
Cashew Grape Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded about 4 cups
- 1.5 cups roasted & salted cashews
- 2 cups grapes
- 1.5 cups mayo use compliant mayo if on a Whole30
Optional, for serving
- 12 cups leafy greens such as baby spinach or kale, roughly 2 cups per person
- A Measuring Cup
- One Large Bowl
- One Medium or Large Cutting Board
- One Large Knife
- A Spatula or Wooden Spoon
- Measure out the shredded chicken with the measuring cup and place in large bowl.
- Measure out the cashews, and using the knife and cutting board, chop them into rough pieces. Once chopped to your liking, place them in the large bowl with the chicken.
- Next. measure out the grapes, then quarter them using the knife and cutting board again. If your grapes are small, you can halve them instead of quarter them. Once they are all cut, put them into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Measure out the mayo with the measuring cup and place it into the large bowl with the chicken, cashews, and grapes. Stir everything together with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Serve over a bed of leafy greens (as suggested in the recipe), in a lettuce wrap, or on gluten free bread.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe