This Easy Ground Beef and Bean Dip comes together in no time, making it a great last-minute recipe when you need something quickly. It’s perfect to bring to Super Bowl parties, holiday parties, or just a family gathering. There are only 5 ingredients, from the refried beans on the bottom to the cheesy layer on top. Dip tortillas chips into it and chow down!
This easy ground beef and bean dip is one of those recipes you can fall back on because it’s so simple. Just 5 ingredients, pile on a plate, pop it in the oven, and done.
I have grown up with this recipe – my mom used to make it on some nights, probably when she didn’t feel like cooking. The nice thing about it is it’s very scaleable. You can make more for a larger crowd, or make less if you feel like having a small plate for dinner. Maybe with a side salad if you’re wanting some extra veggies.
It’s also incredibly simple and virtually fool proof. If you want less of anything, just use less. If you want more, just use more. Although the more you use, the longer it will likely take to get everything warm and melty, so just keep that in mind.
See? Super simple to put together!
One added bonus in this recipe is the ground beef seasoning. When I was doing a Whole30, I did some internet exploring on the best way to season ground beef. I came across Paula Deen’s House Seasoning. It’s just salt, pepper, and garlic powder, thrown together in certain measurements. I usually make a batch and store it in a container, using it when my meal needs a little something extra.
But back to the dip. It’s great for any gathering – parties, holidays, or Superbowl Sunday (which some might consider a holiday). Just a word of warning – you may want to make two plates, one to put out and another to have as a back up. This dip goes fast!
Pin this Easy Ground Beef and Bean Dip for later!
Need a few more gluten free dip recipes? Check these out:
Recipe for Easy Ground Beef and Bean Dip
Easy Ground Beef and Bean Dip
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup quartered olives
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- Two large dinner plates
- One spoon
- A medium-sized pan
- A wooden spoon or spatula
- Paper towels
- A measuring cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a medium-sized pan on the stove, turning the heat to medium.
- Place the ground beef in the pan, separating into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Season with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cook until no longer pink.
- While the ground beef is cooking, take a spoon and one large dinner plate and spread the refried beans evenly onto the plate.
- Once the ground beef is cooked, drain off the excess. Place paper towels on the second large plate and place the cooked beef on the plate to get rid of any of the remaining grease.
- Once ground beef is drained, measure out roughly one cup and place it evenly on top of the layer of refried beans. This should be roughly equivalent to the half pound that was cooked.
- Next place the quartered olives evenly over the ground beef, followed by the diced tomato.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the plate and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove once the cheese is melted and slightly browning along the edges of the plate.