You know those days when you just don't feel like cooking? This would be most weeknights. Any recipe that helps me get dinner on the table more easily is a win, which is why I love this Gluten Free Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili recipe.
- Cook the ground beef in a medium pan, using a wooden spoon to separate it into small pieces.
- Use plain diced tomatoes. Don't get the kind with garlic or basil in them as it can throw off the flavors of the chili.
- The green chiles are optional for this recipe. If you want a little spice in your chili, add them in, if not, simply omit them.
- I've also listed the amount of ground beef as 1 and 1/3 pound. This is because I get the organic ground beef from Costco and it comes in 1 and 1/3 pound packages. You can use between 1 and 2 pounds of ground beef for this recipe, depending on how meaty you like your chili.
- To make this recipe on a weeknight, prep up through step 9 then place the lid on the slow cooker and set it in the fridge. Take it out first thing when you get up in the morning to warm slightly, then put it in the heating element and turn on for 8 hours on low right before you leave for the day.