It is hot as blazes out, and we all could use a cool down. Which is why I teamed up with three other awesome food bloggers to bring you a quartet of recipes to help keep you cool in the kitchen. Look no further for your Summer Cool Down recipes.
What’s cool about all of these (no pun intended) is they all have some unexpected flavors. Read on to see what I mean.
Summer Cool Down Recipes
- Watermelon Jalapeno Margaritas by Kat at Crunchy Kat. Kat refers to these as summer in a glass, and I can’t disagree. They’re sweet and spicy at the same time, using pureed watermelon and lime juice mixed with jalapenos and of course tequila. Great to wind down from a busy summer day.
- Easy Smoked Salmon Poke Bowl by Emily at Get Well With Em. Crisp veggies? Check. Yummy smoked salmon? Check. A fun sauce with a kick? Check. This poke bowl has it all. The best part – while the sauce calls for soy sauce and a special Korean hot sauce called K Mama, it is easily made gluten free. Just sub tamari sauce or coconut aminos in for the soy sauce and K Mama sauce has a gluten free option!
- Orange Cardamom Creamsicles by Jennifer at Wanderlust and Wellness. The first of two dessert options, this isn’t your typical creamsicle. The cardamom in these creamsicles gives them a little bit of spice, and did you know cardamom has health benefits? Check out Jennifer’s post to read more.
- Honey Roasted Beet Nice Cream by Taryn at Hot Pan Kitchen (me!). Last but not least is this simple nice cream that incorporates a veggie into your dessert. It’s a fun and frozen way to get some antioxidants and fiber. But if you’re feeding it to your kids, don’t tell them that.
There you have it! Four great ways to keep cool with your food in the sweltering heat. Now go run through a sprinkler.
What’s that? You want more recipes to help you keep cool? I could never let you down.
– Raspberry Peach Nice Cream
– Kid-Friendly Blueberry Kale Smoothie (this has been my summer breakfast go-to)
– Gluten Free Shrimp Pasta Salad
– Cashew Grape Chicken Salad