Looking for some fun Fourth of July recipes? Look no further! These recipes bring your holiday BBQ up a notch with some delicious dish options – choose sweet or savory.
Sometimes with potluck BBQs you never know what you’re going to get, especially if you’re gluten free. Today I’ve got some Fourth of July recipes you can bring to a BBQ that no one has to know are gluten free and that means you’re in the clear to chow down.
Fourth of July Recipes
- Summer Strawberry Bruschetta by Alex at Ruffled Apron: This is a fun take on what’s typically a savory dish. The ricotta has honey and lemon zest and the strawberries have both some sweet and savory flavors mixed in. If you can’t find a gluten free baguette, check out this one by Olivia Superfree. It’s available local to me, but you can also have it shipped.
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad by Brittany at Define Fettle: Take your typical green salad up a notch with this dish. It’s got pumpkin seeds for crunch can easily be made paleo by omitting the cheese.
- Paleo Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps by Kat at Crunchy Kat: These lettuce wraps are a great option if you’re on a Whole30 and don’t know what the main dish is going to be at a BBQ. Sometimes non-compliant ingredients sneak their way into hot dogs (or even hamburgers). Plus with these, you don’t have to worry about not having a gluten free bun. Bonus!
- Gluten Free Instant Pot Potato Salad by Taryn at Hot Pan Kitchen (me!): This is a classic BBQ dish, and made super easy by cooking everything in the Instant Pot. It comes together really simply and quickly and is a crowd pleaser.
- One Bowl Whole Grain Strawberry Muffins by Emily at Get Well With Em: These are great option for a picnic, or for little kids to have a healthy snack. They’re made in one bowl so it’s an easy clean up, but they’re also refined sugar free, gluten free, and have some protein thanks to Greek yogurt!
- Strawberry Almond Flour Cake by Kasey at Well Fed Soul: This stunner of a cake is not only grain free, but also refined-sugar free and dairy free to boot. It’s topped with a fluffy mascarpone whipped cream and the requisite summer strawberries. A healthy but decadent dessert option.
- Lemon Blueberry Mascarpone Hand Pies by Jennifer at Wanderlust and Wellness: If a star-shaped dessert isn’t perfect for your Fourth of July, I don’t know what is. These are adorable and you know kids will love them. What a fun way to use fresh summer berries for the holiday.
Still need more Fourth of July recipes? Try these out:
If you try out any of these recipes for your Fourth, don’t forget to post on Instagram and tag #bringfoodfourth so we can see what you create!
Subscribe to get the Guide!
Subscribe to my email list and get a FREE Gluten Free Brunch Menu & Shopping List. This guide will help you plan out a delicious menu for your event (or a regular weekend brunch) without anyone knowing it's all gluten free! Perfect for Easter, Mother's Day, baby showers, birthday celebrations, etc.